I read a small blurb
About Michael Avenatti being charged with extortion. I did not read past the headlines. I didn’t need to. The move is so transparent that I have to explain it:
- Avenatti went after Trump for paying women off so they would keep their mouths shut and not affect the election of 2016. Say what you want, that’s what he did.
- Nike produces most of its products in China. Yes, China. The same country that he (Trump) is waging a trade war with.
- Trump gave Nike a license so they can import their goods without paying the tariffs.
- Avenatti has a mole in his office.
- There was a pre-trial settlement offer on the table for his clients against Nike.
I would not be surprised to see a client (or several clients) in a case against Nike where Avenatti is one of the primary attorneys of record. The pre-trial settlement is likely much smaller than what a court would award the plaintiffs – even though it’s for over $2Billion.
How many times did Trump use the courts and bankruptcy to get out of his bills? How many families were ruined because he would not pay what he owed?
This is pure Trumpery.
Another way Trump is using the courts to subvert justice.